Unemployment training (EDD Partner)
UNEMPLOYMENT TRAINING BENEFITS
American Century College works with the Employment Development Department (EDD) to help participants who qualify for the Workforce Investment Act (WIA) and the Trade Adjustment Act (TAA). The training programs are designed to give training in the shortest amount of time with the lowest possible costs. You can review our programs by searching through the Eligible Training Provider List (ETPL).
A few key items to know regarding Unemployment Funding for Training:
- You must ask to participate in these programs no later than 16 Weeks after you have begun your unemployment
- You must attend a school that is approved by EDD on the ETPL list
- Any program you choose must be in a growing field and showing growth of 10% or more in the next 10 years
- Funding can range from $3000 to $10,000 depending on the program you qualify for
- You must be a full time student (20 Hours a Week)
- You must maintain a 2.0 G.P.A. or higher
If you are unsure how to get started with the process please contact us and a specialist will contact you to help you go through the entire process from Campus Tour, to Proposal Letters, and finally into the research needed for your career once you qualify for training funds.